[Histonet] Blade Dispenser Thingy

Greg Dobbin gvdobbin <@t> ihis.org
Tue Dec 15 09:19:17 CST 2009

Hi Sally,
Fisher is aware of the problem (or should be). I contacted Fisher
Canada about it probably a year ago or so and had them replace 4 boxes
for me. They made it seem as though this was a brand new phenomenon that
they had not heard of before but I've known it to be a sporadic problem
for years and I figured I couldn't have been the only one to have
experienced this problem! They logged my complaint and forwarded the
information on to the manufacturer (a Japonese company I believe). But
as yet, I have't seen any design improvements to the dispensers. Maybe a
Fisher person on this list would like to comment on whether the
manufacturer has made any progress toward improving the dispensers.
Cheers.
Greg

Greg Dobbin, R.T.
Chief Technologist, Anatomic Pathology
Dept. of Laboratory Medicine,
Queen Elizabeth Hospital,
P.O. Box 6600
Charlottetown, PE    C1A 8T5
Phone: (902) 894-2337
Fax: (902) 894-2385

"I find that the harder I work, the
more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson

>>> "Breeden, Sara" <sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu> 12/15/2009 10:52 AM >>>
I have Feather dispensers with blades that I have to pry out, which is
probably not a good thing.  I've tried freezing the dispenser, putting
it in an oven for a while and whacking the darned thing on the floor
(not necessarily all at the same time..).  Have we had this discussion
before and have we solved this problem?  Help?

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700