[Histonet] Help with Large Eye Specimen

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 15:29:41 CST 2009

Hi Sara:
I am forwarding your e-mail to J. Staruk because I think he can do that type of work. You can also consult him at the included e-mail address.
René J.

--- On Fri, 12/11/09, Breeden, Sara <sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu> wrote:

From: Breeden, Sara <sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Help with Large Eye Specimen
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, December 11, 2009, 4:17 PM

I do not have the equipment to do a whole horse eye (with levels) on
"lantern" slides.  We rarely have call for this and my boss would like
to know if there is a vet school or reference lab that could process an
entire eye, cut levels (to be determined) to lantern slides.
Alternately, if you know a procedure for producing this kind of levels
work that involves a regular 1x3" slide that I could do here, could you
clue me in?  The Boss would prefer the whole eye mount method if there
is a facility that could perform this kind of work for us.  Thanks in
advance.

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services