[Histonet] FORMALDEHYDE

Kathy M. Gorham KMB01 <@t> grh.org
Thu Dec 3 11:35:53 CST 2009

Good Morning Histo Land, I was just informed that on my last test sample
for formaldehyde vapors was very high.  Right now I have to wear a
respirator while grossing and assisting grossing.  We are looking at why
the Mopec grossing station is not working in fact we have not had really
good results since we put it in.  I'm wondering if anyone else is having
the same problem or know of a better solution.  Our grossing station is
the one that is self contained with filters. Also is anyone using with
good result a formalin substitute? If so which one?
Thanks and Have a great day,

Kathy Gorham, H.T.
Grande Ronde Hospital
La Grande Oregon

GRH National Recognition
Outstanding Rural Health Organization of 2009 awarded by NRHA
Gold Standard Critical Access Hospital 2009 awarded by LarsonAllen LLP
Leader in Innovative Excellence 2009 awarded by the OAHHS

GRH Mission
We will ensure ACCESS to superior QUALITY, affordable health care for all those in need of our services, including underserved populations within our communities.

GRH Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail and any attached documents are for the intended recipient/s only
and should be protected against viewing by unauthorized persons. The information
herein may have been disclosed from records whose confidentiality is protected
by Federal and State Law. Federal regulations prohibit further distribution or
copying of this information without permission.  If you received this e-mail
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return
or destruction of this information.