[Histonet] tech schedules

DKBoyd <@t> chs.net DKBoyd <@t> chs.net
Tue Dec 1 12:41:26 CST 2009

I have one person coming in @ 6am,  @6:30, @7 and @ 7:30.  The 1st three
time positions rotate q 3 days.  Duties are assigned according to time ;
ie:  6 am embeds, 6:30 cleans blocks and pulls worksheets, 6:30 and 7 am
cut while the 6 o'clock person cleans up and starts getting slides out
while the other two cut.   The 7:30 slot is my regular schedule.  I work a
bench when someone is off or as workload demands.

Debbie M. Boyd, HT(ASCP) I Chief Histologist I Southside Regional Medical
Center I
200 Medical Park Boulevard I Petersburg, Va.  23805 I T: 804-765-5050 I F:
804-765-5582 I dkboyd <@t> chs.net

"Martha Ward" <mward <@t> wfubmc.edu>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
12/01/2009 01:17 PM

cc

Subject
[Histonet] tech schedules

I am posting this for my department manager.  He is wondering how other
labs schedule their techs.  In other words, do the techs work fixed
times (ie, come in always at 5 am) or do they rotate schedules (ie, come
in at 5 am for one month, then 6 am the next month, etc).  I will pass
along your responses to him.  Thanks in advance for any help you can
give.

Martha Ward
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center