[Histonet] Best IHC Stainer

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Fri Aug 28 10:02:38 CDT 2009

Randi,

We also use Ventana instruments (3) but use whose ever antibodies make sense for our work situation.  You don't need to "blow your budget" especially if you go with concentrate antibodies and purchase user fillable dispensers from Ventana.  Basically there are no limitations for which antibodies you use with Ventana instruments.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Hayes, Randi (R1SE)
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 8:58 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Best IHC Stainer

A stainer is only as good as its antibodies.  We've been less than impressed with the quality of Cell Marque antibodies as well as their customer service.  Contact me if you want specifics.  What I would suggest is when looking for "the best", look for the antibodies that rank the most robust on external EQA surveys (UK Nequas, NordiQC as
examples) and go with a system that gives you the flexibility (within reasonable cost) to use the most reliable antibodies. We are Ventana XT users and have been for over 5 years.  It provides good staining but with little flexibility to use other vendors antibodies unless you want to completely blow your budget.  This forces you to use Cell Marque products and I've already shared my opinion on that.

Randi Hayes

Histology Supervisor
The Moncton Hospital
Regional Health Authority B
Moncton, NB

randi.hayes <@t> serha.ca

----- SERHA Disclaimer -----

This electronic transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain privileged
or confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or organization
named above. Any distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of
this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender at the above
e-mail address and delete this e-mail immediately.

Thank you.

Cette communication électronique et toute pièce jointe peuvent contenir de l'information
de nature privilégiée ou confidentielle et sont strictement réservées à l'usage du
destinataire visé et identifié ci-dessus. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire visé, prenez
avis que toute distribution, reproduction ou mesure fondée sur l'information qui y est
contenue est EXPRESSÉMENT INTERDITE.

Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez en aviser immédiatement
l'expéditeur par courriel (à l'adresse électronique mentionnée ci-dessus) et supprimer le