[Histonet] Re: DIF tissue in GLUT

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:51:21 CDT 2009

I suggest you use a counterstain for your IF to reduce the autofluoresence. Evans Blue - the product can be used as a counterstain in immunohistochemistry when using FITC. After staining for immunofluorescence, dip sections in a 0.1% (w/v) in water solution of Evans Blue for 5-10 minutes. Rinse well in fresh PBS or water before coverslipping. Reference: Immunocytochemistry, Theory and Practice, p. 82 (1988). Purchase from Sigma-Aldrich.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)