[Histonet] Best IHC stainer

Greg Dobbin gvdobbin <@t> ihis.org
Thu Aug 27 06:45:24 CDT 2009

I echo Joyce's comments!
Greg

Greg Dobbin, R.T.
Chief Technologist, Anatomic Pathology
Dept. of Laboratory Medicine,
Queen Elizabeth Hospital,
P.O. Box 6600
Charlottetown, PE    C1A 8T5
Phone: (902) 894-2337
Fax: (902) 894-2385

"I find that the harder I work, the
more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson

>>> "Weems, Joyce" <JWeems <@t> sjha.org> 8/26/2009 10:57 PM >>>
They are both good instruments. From my experience pricing is high for the Ventana reagents and there seems to be an increase in DAKO pricing from what I see on the Net. Have you looked at the Leica Bond? We found that to be a good fit for us. Started out to add it to our DAKO line, but ended up changing completely. It also does ISH, and is a continuous feed - up to 10 slides at a time.

Good luck,
Joyce

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Gareth Blaeuer Davis
Sent: Wed 8/26/2009 8:04 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Best IHC stainer

The lab I work in has been doing demos on IHC stainers Ventana Benchmark XT and Dako's Autostainer Plus.  We could really use feed back

from current users of both.  We are having a hard time deciding between the two, so any input would be great.

What are the Pros and Cons with both.

Thanks,

Gareth Blaeuer Davis, B.S., HT

Confidentiality Notice:
This email, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete this message.

Statement of Confidentiality
This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or privileged information intended for a specific individual or organization. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire computer system.

Déclaration de confidentialité
Le présent message (y compris les annexes) peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels à l'intention d'une personne ou d'un organisme particulier. Si vous avez reçu la présente communication par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur immédiatement. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, vous n'avez pas le droit d'utiliser, divulguer, distribuer, copier ou imprimer ce courriel ou encore de vous en servir, et vous devriez l'effacer immédiatement de votre système informatique.