[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 69, Issue 26

Walter Benton WBENTON <@t> umm.edu
Tue Aug 25 12:37:40 CDT 2009

This first thing I would like to know if this tissue has been through a previous pretreatment (antigen retrieval or enzyme digestion) of any kind on the first test, if so I would recommend not using the same slide again for any additional stains.

Message: 11
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 06:52:14 -0400
From: John Shelley <jshelley <@t> burnham.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Question about Ventana IHC stainers
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

Good Morning Histonetters,

I would like to know if those of you who have a Ventana Benchmark, Ultra, or Discovery have ever tried to restain slides on the machine and had a problem with inconsistent staining pattern the second time. I have found that multiple sections on a slide do not all stain the second time but had the first. If you have done this please explain how you may have cleaned the slides off and the reagents you may have used after that to clean the slide. I worked on a Dako previously and had never had any difficulties doing this. Thanks for any responses!

John

Walter Benton
Histology Supervisor
University of Maryland
Anatomic Pathology
22 S. Greene St
Room NBW65
Baltimore MD 21201
(Direct) 410-328-0930
(Lab) 410-328-5524
(Fax) 410-328-5508

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments may be privileged, confidential, contain protected health information about an identified patient or be otherwise protected from disclosure. State and federal law protect the confidentiality of this information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient; you are prohibited from using, disclosing, reproducing or distributing this information; you should immediately notify the sender by telephone or e-mail and delete this e-mail.