[Histonet] Trouble making a good Cell Block

Maria Katleba Maria.Katleba <@t> stjoe.org
Tue Aug 25 11:56:09 CDT 2009

Hi All,

Can anyone give me a good protocol for making a cell block from a non-gyn fluid?  (abdominal fluid, bronchial wash, pleural fluid, etc)

First of all, we have switched to formalin. Yes! Formalin!! So as you would expect, no button forms.

The reason? The pathologists believe the formalin is better than alcohol (95%) especially when you expect to run IHCs on the cell blocks.

Please send me ideas!!!!

Maria Katleba HT(ASCP) MS

Notice from St. Joseph Health System:
Please note that the information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.