[Histonet] glyerin/phenol storage

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Tue Aug 25 10:24:37 CDT 2009

Hi Jan:

We used to use glycerine+phenol  for storing slices of embalmed cadavers
before embedding in clear plastic. I don't know the exact ratio but it
was mostly glycerin. We did not stain but painted the nerves, blood
vessels, etc as a teaching tool.
As for IHC, it would depend on the fixation and the antigen in question.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.