[Histonet] water on slides?

Hayes, Tina J. Tina.Hayes <@t> va.gov
Mon Aug 24 11:41:17 CDT 2009

We are having a problem with what seems to be water on our slides.  We
have had very high humidity levels in the air.  It seems that we look at
the slides before taking them to the pathology office, one pathologist
reviews them and sees little or no water droplets, but as they sit and
another pathologist reads them later, like the following day, the
droplets are very apparent.

We use Clearite-3.  We have no xylene in our lab.  We also coverslip
with Permount.

Is it possible that the clearite-3 and/or Permount is absorbing moisture
from the atmosphere to the slides?

And if so, do you have any suggestions for combating this issue?