[Histonet] destaining bone

John Baker bakerj <@t> umich.edu
Wed Aug 19 13:07:27 CDT 2009

Hello All,  I hope someone can assist us with a protocol for
destaining some mouse ulna.  A student stained his bones for 12 hours
in 1% basic fuchsin in graded ethyl alcohol from 80 % , 90 % and then
100% as a prestain then into 100 % ethyl alcohol to destain some prior
to pmma plastic embedding and sectioning to look at microdamage in the
cortical bone.  The bones are over stained and if possible we would
like to destain the bone and continue on without getting more
specimens.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thank you in advance. John
Baker and Mathieu Davis

John A. Baker
The University of Michigan
Orthopaedic Research Laboratories