[Histonet] Can DAB block an epitope??

GT Hebert emerald_lake77 <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Aug 14 10:37:45 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I was hoping to run a chromogenic immuno to check if two proteins colocalize.

Since both antibodies are made in rabbit, I was going to stain one and visualize with DAB and then heat retrieve (pressure or steam) to drop off the first antibody and restain with my second rabbit antibody using a different color to visualize.

How likely, if at all will the DAB precipitate block / mask the epitope of my second antibody if indeed they are in a similar location?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Regards.

Gustave