[Histonet] Slide Brite xylene substitute

jennifer cresor mike hough jencres <@t> ca.rr.com
Tue Aug 11 21:22:16 CDT 2009

Hello all,

Does anyone out there have experiences with Slide Brite xylene substitute? Did you have any problems? Lately, I have been finding what appears to be water on my slides. Under the microscope it looks like pink gobules on the slide and the tissue. The last 2 days I changed out all of my stains and reagents to see if that would cure the problem and it did not. It is very random, not on all of the slides. But, when these gobules are on the slide it changes the stain dramatically to a dark blue appearing hematoxylin. Any thoughts? I am considering whether to change to a different xylene substitute. Any recommendations. Thank you for your response.

Jennifer
Temecula, California
jencres <@t> ca.rr.com