[Histonet] cement in bone specimen

DiCarlo, Margaret MDiCarlo <@t> KaleidaHealth.Org
Thu Aug 6 14:43:16 CDT 2009

Histonetters,

We sliced a humerus bone on a band saw which was filled with cement from
a previous surgery and my boss would like me to try to cut it on a
sliding/sledge microtome.  (The knife remains stationary)  Is this
possible to do?  Presently, it is fixing and then I will decal it but
I'm wondering if I'll be wasting my time and effort.

I would appreciate anyone's experience with this.

Thank you.

Peggy DiCarlo HT (ASCP)

Orthopedic Bone Lab

Buffalo General Hospital

Buffalo, NY  14203

716-859-1293

2009 Best Places to Work Winner
Visit our careers page at www.kaleidahealth.org/careers

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email transmission and any documents, files, or previous e-mail messages attached to it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any further review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution, or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this e-mail transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, discard any paper copies, and delete all electronic files of the message. If you are unable to contact the sender or you are not sure as to whether you are the intended recipient, please e-mail ISTSEC <@t> KaleidaHealth.org or call (716) 859-7777.