[Histonet] working with mouse liver...

Roger Moretz stamptrain <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 18:33:33 CDT 2009

In my experience you are way over processing the tissue.  Drop your processing times to about 30 min per station.  That should be fine.

Roger Moretz, Ph.D. (ret)

----- Original Message ----
From: Michelle MacVeigh-Aloni <macveigh <@t> usc.edu>
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:20:53 PM
Subject: [Histonet] working with mouse liver...

Hi all,

We have a small liver core and we are having problem with the look/morphology of the liver. It looks like large part of the cytoplasm of the liver cells is missing. The normal mice are the worst. (It is not fat that is dissolved.)
We use commercially made 10% NBF and tried fixing for different length of time with no luck.

The processing time is 1 hour in every station.

Did anybody working with liver has any suggestions?

Michelle