[Histonet] RE: reagents for IHC

Morken, Tim Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Mon Aug 3 17:16:38 CDT 2009

For IHC ancillary reagents (buffers, diluents, AR reagents), most of which are interchangeable, try the smaller companies, Biocare, Diagnostic Biosystems (dbiosys.net), Cell Marque, Lab Vision (now under Thermo, www.labvision.com), Scytek, among others. They are usually much cheaper since they are trying to get business away from the big companies.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology / IPOX
UCSF Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Margaryan, Naira
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 1:19 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] reagents for IHC

Hi everyone,

How are you experiencing the economic pressures and price changes for REAGENTS? I am sorry, but I just bought reagents from DAKO and, for the price I paid for 125 ml before, I got 15-50 ml :(

I am ready to switch to another company, but I need your suggestion about reagents for IHC and companies you are purchasing from: Peroxidase Block, Protein Block, Antibody diluents, DAB, AEC, different secondaries and tertiaries.

Thanks in advance,
Naira