[Histonet] Rolling sections

Watson, Linda Linda.Watson <@t> bms.com
Wed Apr 29 09:39:36 CDT 2009

May I suggest trying the following. I too have experienced cryosectioned slices rolling up.

1) try cutting sections at -20 instead of -25 (it may be too cold)
2) try cutting sections at 6 microns instead of 8-12 microns
3) allow some frost to build up on the metal plate surface and gently with two brushes hold either side down until it gently sticks then quickly pick the specimen up with your slide. This can be very tedious and slow going but at least I was able to get the sections I needed.
4) the "breath" suggestion also worked, although not consistently, for me.
5) take your gloved "thumb" and quickly place over your sample then immediately section. This works too, but again not consistently-is worth a try.

Good luck,
Linda