[Histonet] commercial control slides

Ingles Claire CIngles <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Apr 23 13:52:08 CDT 2009

Steve:
I would think of keeping a frozen block of fatty tissue around and cutting fresh control when you do the stain or throw some precut slides in the freezer after fixation, as the specimen needs to be fresh frozen anyway and cannot come in contact with any alcohols. Skin is an OK tissue, as the sebaceous glands as well as the subdermal fat lights up. I would think it would be pretty difficult, if not impossible to ship slides that need to be kept frozen to prevent staining sensitivity degradation. I can only think of shipping them immersed in formalin?
Claire

Can anyone recommend a brand or line of commercial control slides for oil red O?

Thanks,
Steve Joy, BSc. MLT
Research and Development Technologist
5B2.03 Anatomical Pathology
University of Alberta Hospital
8440-112 st
Edmonton Ab
T6G 2B7

Phone: (780) 407-8015
Fax: (780) 407-3009
Email: steven.joy <@t> capitalhealth.ca

This communication is intended for the sole use of the recipient to which it was addressed and may contain confidential, personal or privileged information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this information and do not copy, distribute or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed. Thank you.