[Histonet] Vectashield mounting media problem?

Merced Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Tue Apr 21 10:43:59 CDT 2009

We had the EXACT same problem about a year ago! We don't believe we had
storage issues, either.  We've been using SlowFade Gold (Molecular Probes,
Invitrogen) for about a year now and it's been a great aqueous mounting
medium.  We add our own DAPI (2ul of a 1mg/ml DAPI solution per 500ul
SlowFade) and it works fine.

Merced

--On Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:51 AM -0400 Suhyoung Jeong
<suhyoung.jeong <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Our lab has been using 'Vectashield mounting media w/ DAPI' for many years
> and had no problem of fading. Recently, two bottles with different lot
> numbers in a row gone bad in around four months (the signal disappears in
> front of your eyes, tested on a couple of different microscopes).
>
> 1) Has anyone experienced same problem? Vector lab only says that this is
> a very stable product and should not be happening when stored at 4C.
>
> 2) Can anyone recommend a good aqueous mounting media with DAPI for
> immunofluorescence?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Regards, Suh

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 Biomedical Research Building
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.