[Histonet] 2009 Louisiana Society for Histotechnology 26th Annual Symposium/Convention

Cheryl Crowder ccrowder <@t> vetmed.lsu.edu
Fri Apr 17 17:57:03 CDT 2009

Hello Histonetters,
      The Louisiana Society for Histotechnology is pleased to announce the
26th Annual Symposium/Convention:
"Your Histeaux Surplus Package"
 June 12 & 13, 2009
at the
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
717 Orleans St.
New Orleans, LA  70117
www.bourbonorleans.com

  The LSH block of rooms will be held until May 11, 2009.  For those
attendees who may want to visit the beautiful sights and sounds of New
Orleans, the Bourbon Orleans Hotel will honor the room rates for three days
prior and three days after the meeting.  Special on-site parking rates for
LSH attendees are available as well as public parking  around Jackson
Square.  For reservations call 1-504-523-2222 or 1-866-513-9744 and mention
you are with the LSH group.  Do to relocation of many of our members we
would ask everyone who would like to receive a brochure/membership form in
the mail, email or  fax, to please contact Tina Van Meter at 225-603-0953,
vanmetmj <@t> pbrc.edu,  or Dixie Benoit at 337-233-1951.

    Walk-ins are always welcome, but pre-registrants will receive a
complimentary buffet lunch each day!  Please make additional copies of your
registration form for coworkers in your lab or facility that might be
interested in attending.  The LSH would also like to extend the invitation
to our fellow technologists and pathologists from surrounding states.  We
encourage everyone to attend in order to build our networking potential,
earn those valuable CEU's and enjoy the beautiful city of New Orleans.
     We have a variety of topics presented by experienced speakers that
promises to benefit everyone.  The attendees will have access to several
scientific vendor exhibits during the entire symposium.  I have listed the
workshops below and encourage y’all to come on down to the Bourbon Orleans
Hotel in the French Quarter!

2009 LSH State Meeting Workshops:
WS#1 -  Am I Really Ready for this CAP Inspection?
WS#2 -  Mouse to Horse: Differences in working with human and animal tissue
WS#3 - Breast Cancer and the Standardization of HER2/neu Testing
WS#4 - Contemporary Trends in Immunohistochemistry
WS#5 - Troubleshooting Routine Special Stains
WS#6 - Which Code Do I Use?
WS#7 -  Are You REALLY Ready for the Next Catastrophe That Will Affect Your
Hospital or City?
WS#8 - 2 Crazy Cat Ladies Give Their Opinions of Life, Liberty, and Lab
Management

Thank you,
Tina Van Meter

Montina J. Van Meter, HT (ASCP)