[Histonet] re:Leica TP 1020 processor

Hobbs, Carl carl.hobbs <@t> kcl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 16 04:12:30 CDT 2009

I have one: bought it 5yrs ago. It sits on an open bench.  The perspex skirt and the internal extract fan venting via a xylene filter ( formalin one too, if you use it, on the machine) prevent smells, I am assured ( well, having worked as a histologist for 30yrs, I probably can't smell it ;-).
One can vent it into a fume hood, via tubing.
Not a heavily used machine ( x3 runs /week).
I like it very much. No problems.
In my previous post, I also purchased one and used it for the same time/usage with never a problem.
Carl