[Histonet] Fli-1 antibody - Please help

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Wed Apr 15 10:07:10 CDT 2009

We are now using an IVD-labeled antibody from BioCare with good results.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimens
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-0174 Fax

>>> "Young Kwun" <kwuny <@t> email.cs.nsw.gov.au> 4/14/2009 11:06 PM >>>
Dear Histonetters,

I was wondering whether anyone had success in Fli-1 immunohistochemistry on
formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded human sections.

I tried two polyclonal, commercial antibodies from abcam (ab15289) and Santa
Cruz Biotech's Fli-1 (C-19, sc-356) without any positive stainings.

Both antibodies were recommended for application on paraffin sections.
Abcam's application notes even mentioned that perform enzymatic antigen
retrieval BEFORE commencing with HIER procedure. The procedure still did not
give any stains and the morphology was unacceptable. I tried with/without
HIER with different buffers as well.

I used primary dilutions 1:50 - 1:200 as recommended and I am using Leica's
BondMax Autostainer.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Young

Young Kwun