[Histonet] Looking for Cerner users

Maray Weirauch mweirauch <@t> crittenton.com
Mon Apr 13 10:58:10 CDT 2009

Our histology department currently uses Cerner Millenium Pathnet.  Our specimens have always arrived with hard copy requisitions, but our surgical departments are installing the Cerner surgical application - Surginet. Is anyone familiar with using this system to electronically 'order' the pathology specimens?
We want to go paperless, but it seems that the process for surgery to enter pre- and post- op diagnosis and specimen information gets rather cumbersome to use.
When we ask Cerner what other places use both Pathnet and Surginet, we can't get an answer.  We really don't want to re-work the wheel-  Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks in advance!