[Histonet] Benchmark XT

Phyllis Thaxton dchihc <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 08:43:36 CDT 2009

Is anyone out there having problems with tissue washing off the slides using the Ultraview kit from Ventana?

Mainly we are having problems with  needle biopsies washing off (prostate, liver). Fixation and processing is always the same 4-6  hours fixation, 3 hour biopsy processing run on VIP processor, cut no thicker than 4 microns, airdried at least 30 minutes, baked at 59-60 for at least one hour prior to staining. The instrument's calibrations have been checked and are fine.

We never had this problem with the iView kit using the Nexes, doing pretreatments offline.

Any help, ideas, info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Phyllis Thaxton HT(ASCP)QIHC
DCH Regional Medical Center
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401