[Histonet] "FREEZY" spray

Bernie Taupin bernietaupin <@t> ymail.com
Tue Apr 7 23:06:44 CDT 2009

> Does this apply to Liquid Nitrogen as well? I'd hate to have to try to cut fatty sections in the cryostat without it!

I do mostly cryo, and I've never used liquid nitrogen to chill anything within the cryostat. What's that all about?

I find that it leaves to many ice crystal artifacts anyway. Not cold enough fast enough. You might be making it harder on yourself... just set the temperature of the cryostat for the appropriate temperature of whatever tissue youre cutting, and you should have no need for a crutch, whether it be fluoroethane or liquid nitrogen.

kisses, flowers and rainbows,
Bernie Taupin, King of Cryomicrotomy, Esq.