[Histonet] Histology

anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Mon Apr 6 20:37:50 CDT 2009

Great Barry ... Mouse or human? I think both would be useful to get a poll on.

------Original Message------
From: Rittman, Barry R
Sender: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Apr 6, 2009 7:16 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Histology

I hate to bring up histological technique for a change of pace but...........

Could we get some consensus of opinion as to maximum, minimum and optimal fixation times for different tissues?
This is  assuming that tissues will be fixed in buffered formalin at room temperature and processed to wax with a standard technique in a processor.
This would also require a standard thickness for each tissue type.
If there are students out there looking for  projects this might seem to be suitable, as a few tissues only could be examined at one time.
I know that several papers have been published about fixation in formalin but can't bring to mind any that deal with this aspect of the topic.
If there are any students out there who would like a summary of fixation in general I will be happy to email it to them.
Barry