[Histonet] Burned Tissue

thisisann <@t> aol.com thisisann <@t> aol.com
Thu Apr 2 13:33:06 CDT 2009

Recently we are experiencing random blocks of tissue (approx. 3 blocks out of 400/2x) that appear to be "burned".? The tissue is prostate and the staining looks dark.? Upon recutting, sometimes it is better, sometimes it is not, which negates my ability to rule out the stainer completely.

We process on a 2 hour schedule using the Peloris and all tissue is processed together.? I am not understanding how, out of a 12 part prostate, only one block stains so dark so randomly.? When recut, some blocks are better, some still have the dark staining.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ann