AW: [Histonet] Bone Marrow Biopsy Fixation

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Thu Sep 25 01:52:34 CDT 2008

Angela,
we use NBF for at least 16 hours, the next day after receiving they are put
in decal (mixture of formic acid and hydrochloric acid with formaldehyd) for
7-8 hours. Our biopsies are about 3-4 mm thick.
After acid decalcification enzyme-stains are not possible any more and the
iron-stain could be false negative. But we have good experiences with the
IHC and had even an improvement with some markers compared with EDTA-decal.

Gudrun Lang

Biomed. Analytikerin
Histolabor
Akh Linz
Krankenhausstr. 9
4020 Linz
+43(0)732/7806-6754

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Angela R.
Murray
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. September 2008 19:40
An: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] Bone Marrow Biopsy Fixation

Have you fixed bone marrow biopsies in formaling and if so for how long
and what decal solution is best?

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named
recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not
the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender
at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all
copies of this message.  Thank you.