[Histonet] Pig endothelium

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Thu Sep 11 13:44:19 CDT 2008

Lipstick, maybe? Sorry, couldn't help it... j

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Alistair Lindsay
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:43 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Pig endothelium

Dear All,

Does anyone have any experience with staining pig endothelium, specifically keeping rings of blood vessels alive?

I am collecting fresh tissue from the slaughterhouse and incubating it with tumour necrosis factor to induce VCAM-1 expression.  However, I suspect that the tissue quickly loses viability and this is why I can¹t visualise any VCAM with IHC.

Does anyone have any tips for keeping the rings of tissue going/fixing/antigen retrieval?

Many thanks

Alistair Lindsay MBChB MRCP

Tel.: 07989404808

Alistair.Lindsay <@t> btinternet.com
Alistair.Lindsay <@t> cardiov.ox.ac.uk

Confidentiality Notice:
This email, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete this message.