[Histonet] Re: synonym of Factor VIII?

Merced Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Mon Oct 27 09:27:30 CDT 2008

Bob - I'm curious as to what you as a "Samurai Pathologist" are and do. Do
you use swords to cut paraffin blocks? ;-)

--On Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:49 PM -0400 Robert Richmond
<RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com> wrote:

> Factor VIII (factor 8, anti-hemophilic factor) is present in vascular
> endothelium and, and along with CD34 is used as an immunohistochemical
> marker for small blood vessels. Factor VIIIa is the activated form of
> this clotting factor.
>
> von Willebrand factor is an entirely different molecule, also in
> vascular endothelium, and is bound to circulating factor VIII.
>
> There are fairly clear accounts of these factors in Wikipedia.
>
> Bob Richmond
> Samurai Pathologist
> Knoxville TN

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 BRB (packages) / 140 Farber Hall (mail)
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

"Without my flaws I'm really very boring."
- random internet blog commentator