[Histonet] PAS with Glycogen Digestion - Solution Not Working

Mickie Johnson mickie25 <@t> netzero.net
Sun Oct 26 09:09:35 CDT 2008

Diastase powder will dissolve in any water, but requires some calcium ions
to function. Thus it will not perform in distilled water, but will perform
well using plain tap water. Also, the diastase powder from sigma will work
well if only a very small amount of the powder is used. We always used just
enough to barely cover the bottom of a glass coplin jar and then fill with
tap water. I would expect 0.5 grams in 50 mls of water is probably too much.
Try using one tenth that amount or 0.05 gm in 50 ml. When there is too much
diastase in solution, enzyme conformation is inhibited and it  does not
work. Spokane water is quite hard. It always worked well at room temperature
for 20 minutes.

Mickie

Mickie Johnson, B.S., HTL(ASCP)
Mohs Histology Consulting Services, LLC
  & Mohs Lab Staffing
2507 S. Manito Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99203
509-954-7134
FAX   509-624-3926
Web: www.mohshistogyconsulting.com & www.mohslabstaffing.com
Email: mickie25 <@t> netzero.net

DISCLAIMER:
This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain
under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified
that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or
any information contained in the message. If you have received this message
in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete
this message.