[Histonet] Specimen Handling Procedure for Breast Specimens withPredictive Markers

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Wed Oct 22 15:05:41 CDT 2008

We don't work on the weekends, so the pathologist takes the breasts off
of the processor on Sunday morning and puts them in a covered container.
On Monday morning, we melt them down and embed them.

Laurie Colbert

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Knutson,
Deanne
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:32 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Specimen Handling Procedure for Breast Specimens
withPredictive Markers

With the new CAP regulations concerning Her-2/neu and Predictive Markers
on
breast specimens, has anyone let the processed specimens sit at room
temp
for a length of time before embedding?  We are not a 24/7 staffed lab
and
would appreciate any input on how others deal with these regulations.

 Deanne