[Histonet] section thickness

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 13:57:00 CDT 2008

General routine = 5 µm
Brain = at least 8 µm
René J.

--- On Thu, 10/9/08, LINDA MARGRAF <LINDA.MARGRAF <@t> childrens.com> wrote:

From: LINDA MARGRAF <LINDA.MARGRAF <@t> childrens.com>
Subject: [Histonet] section thickness
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, October 9, 2008, 1:49 PM

Histonetters:
Here's a query from Janet that she couldn't get to post to the list.
Please respond to the list so she'll see the response. Thanks.
I would like to poll the group regarding routine practices for thickness of
paraffin sections. I am particularly interested in brain, spinal cord, lymph
node, tonsil, and renal biopsy
Most references range from 3-6 um for routine tissues with 4-5um being most
prevalent. What do you use? Which tissues do you cut at a different thickness
routinely?
I am not referring to special stains as the protocol would prescribe the
thickness.
Thanks for your help.
Janet Keeping A.R.T., B. Voc. Ed
Instructor
Medical Laboratory Sciences

</pre>	<span style="font-weight: bold;">Please consider
the environment before printing this e-mail</span><br />

letter and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains<br />
		information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended
only for the use of the <br />
		individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the
intended recipient, further <br />

		disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the
intended recipient, any <br />
		disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly
prohibited and possibly a <br />
		violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this
information in error, <br />
		please notify Children's Medical Center Dallas immediately at
214-456-4444 or via e-mail at <br />
		privacy <@t> childrens.com. Children's Medical Center Dallas and its
affiliates hereby claim all <br />
		applicable privileges related to this information.</span><br />