[Histonet] section thickness

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Thu Oct 9 12:55:28 CDT 2008

We routinely cut at 4 um, 3 um for lymph nodes, bone marrows, and needle
biopsies.

Joyce

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
Please note new phone and fax numbers
678-843-7376 - Phone
678-843-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of LINDA
MARGRAF
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:50 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] section thickness

Histonetters:
Here's a query from Janet that she couldn't get to post to the list.
Please respond to the list so she'll see the response. Thanks.
I would like to poll the group regarding routine practices for thickness
of paraffin sections. I am particularly interested in brain, spinal
cord, lymph node, tonsil, and renal biopsy Most references range from
3-6 um for routine tissues with 4-5um being most prevalent. What do you
use? Which tissues do you cut at a different thickness routinely?
I am not referring to special stains as the protocol would prescribe the
thickness.
Thanks for your help.
Janet Keeping A.R.T., B. Voc. Ed
Instructor
Medical Laboratory Sciences

</pre>	<span style="font-weight: bold;">Please consider the environment
before printing this e-mail</span><br />

and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains<br />
		information that is confidential and privileged. This
information is intended only for the use of the <br />
		individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed.
If you are the intended recipient, further <br />

		disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization.
If you are not the intended recipient, any <br />
		disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this
information is strictly prohibited and possibly a <br />
		violation of federal or state law and regulations. If
you have received this information in error, <br />
		please notify Children's Medical Center Dallas
immediately at 214-456-4444 or via e-mail at <br />
		privacy <@t> childrens.com. Children's Medical Center Dallas
and its affiliates hereby claim all <br />
		applicable privileges related to this
information.</span><br />

Confidentiality Notice:
This email, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete this message.