[Histonet] paraffin sections

James Dooley jdooley2008 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 11:31:40 CDT 2008

I am a beginning to do paraffin section. I need to know the following as I have heard many things and I have received my best advice here. As of this moment I was storing them at 4 degrees following sections. The problem I am having is many of my section have been coming off when I deparaffinize the tissue. I have been baking the tissue for 60 minutes prior to the deparaffiniztion step.

1. How to store them?
2. How long they can be stored?
3. Under what conditions should they be stored?
4. When melting the paraffin how long should this be done for and at what temperture prior to deparaffinization?

Thank you,
James