[Histonet] microscope slide glass quality

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 11:25:12 CDT 2008

Domestic slides are almost entirely (about 98% of the market) are manufacturer by Erie Glass Co., so the differences will be between the different glass quality but it is almost sure that all come from the same manufacturer. Try to contact them directly.
René J.

--- On Wed, 10/8/08, Harvey, Jennifer Lynn <jennifer.harvey <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu> wrote:

From: Harvey, Jennifer Lynn <jennifer.harvey <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu>
Subject: [Histonet] microscope slide glass quality
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 12:16 PM

Hi Histonet,

I have been having this issue for a while now when companies try to get
me to switch to their slides. If they are not 100% white glass, can it
be an issue with fluorescent applications? I would love to save over 100
dollars a case but I do fluorescence often and don't want an added
problem. Does anyone know if the slides with the green glass work for
fluoresces?

Thanks

Jennifer Harvey, HT(ASCP) QIHC

Vanderbilt Vision Reasearch Center