[Histonet] California State Regulations

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Tue Nov 25 10:04:46 CST 2008

Medi-Cal requires that the many of the records be kept 3 years.

"Laurie Colbert" <laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
11/25/2008 07:19 AM

cc

Subject
[Histonet] California State Regulations

I'm looking for information regarding hospital labs in California.  I
need to know if Calif state regulations are more strict than CAP
regarding record retention.  CAP says we need to keep logs for 2 years.
I'm getting varying info on state regs - 3 years, 6 years, 10 years.  I
am wondering how long other labs are keeping accession logs, IHC logs,
special stain/IHC requests, etc.  Thanks in advance.

Laurie Colbert