[Histonet] Who inspects research labs?

Pamela Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Mon Nov 17 13:36:47 CST 2008

It depends on the laboratory and what you are researching.  It could be IRB if you are in a hospital setting and if it is also the histology lab for the hospital you may get CAP too.  At the Vet School we don't get IACUC unless the PI writes it in a way that we have to be inspected, which is rare to nonexistent .  However we get the University safety group and GLP inspections from sponsors.  Who inspects you is really a reflection of what you are doing and as Jackie said pharma gets FDA and as GLP we can get them to for implants or possible human use products.  We get inspections from study sponsors and academics we do work for so it can be quite a large group and they all want something different.

Pam Marcum

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jackie M O'Connor" <Jackie.O'Connor@ abbott .com>
To: "Emily Sours" < talulahgosh @ gmail .com>
Cc: histonet @lists. utsouthwestern . edu , histonet -bounces <@t> lists. utsouthwestern . edu
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 2:01:29 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [ Histonet ] Who inspects research labs?

We are a pharma company, so the FDA visits us.   IACUC doesn't inspect my
lab, tho.

"Emily Sours" < talulahgosh @ gmail .com>
Sent by: histonet -bounces <@t> lists. utsouthwestern . edu
11/17/2008 12:55 PM

histonet @lists. utsouthwestern . edu
cc

Subject
Re: [ Histonet ] Who inspects research labs?

If you're at a university, both IACUC and Environmental Health and Safety
will.
Outside of academics, I have no idea.

Emily
--
Millions of creatures walk the earth
Unseen, both when we wake and when we sleep.