[Histonet] 200 proof ethanol

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Fri Nov 7 13:53:23 CST 2008

Many, many years ago I worked with a pathologist that told of parties
with the waste (eosin-tinted) alcohols.......and he discovered that when
he sweated he sweated pinkish-red!

Jeanine Bartlett
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
(404) 639-3590
jeanine.bartlett <@t> cdc.hhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
powell_sa
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 2:54 PM
To: Breeden, Sara; histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] 200 proof ethanol

Got you beat by 6 years Sara, and I remember all those fun things too,
except I did not visit the bees. And the reason you colored the alcohol
was to keep the interns and residents from having a party and using it
all up. I also remember making hematoxylin and our ceiling had a huge
purple circle right over the counter where we made it and "blew" it up.
:)  Those were the good ole days, well old anyway.

Shirley