[Histonet] MMA de-plasticizing

Gayle Callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Fri May 30 11:29:44 CDT 2008

Gayle M. Callis
HTL/HT/MT(ASCP)
Bozeman MT

---- Original Message -----
From: "Michele Wich" <mwich <@t> 7thwavelabs.com>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 9:39 AM
Subject: [Histonet] MMA de-plasticizing

Is there anyone out there doing MMA on un-decalcified bone? I'm wondering if
there is any way to de-plasticize without putting the slides in heated
xylene--a potentially explosive situation which technically would require
explosion proof oven, hood, clothing, etc. I know that the flash point of
xylene is quite low (26.1°C, I think, which is barely above room
temperature). Is there a way around this safety issue?

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the
sender immediately and delete it from his or her computer