[Histonet] MMA de-plasticizing

Michele Wich mwich <@t> 7thwavelabs.com
Fri May 30 10:39:56 CDT 2008

Is there anyone out there doing MMA on un-decalcified bone? I'm wondering if there is any way to de-plasticize without putting the slides in heated xylene--a potentially explosive situation which technically would require explosion proof oven, hood, clothing, etc. I know that the flash point of xylene is quite low (26.1°C, I think, which is barely above room temperature). Is there a way around this safety issue?

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the sender immediately and delete it from his or her computer