[Histonet] Immuno Controls

Sate Hamza dermpathsy <@t> gmail.com
Fri May 30 10:12:25 CDT 2008

Greetings everyone ..

I am a pathologist and I do not feel I miss much by not having a control on
each slide. We use Dako immunostainers. The reality is that there are
internal positive controls for many antibodies on many of the tissues that
we test daily for diagnostic purposes .. Evaluation of the staining pattern
(or lack thereof) with some antibody helps me know in most instances whether
to believe the negative tissue immunoreaction or not ... Now I know that
does not apply to all antibodies, but it does for most of the ones that we
use daily .. So I am not sure that the extra effort and cost to have a
separate positive control tissue on each and every slide for each and every
antibody is justifiable..

Sate

--
Sate Hamza, MD, FRCPC