[Histonet] Lab temperatures

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Tue May 20 07:12:02 CDT 2008

For the first 2 years I worked here, the summertime temperature in the
lab averaged 83F.  My lab is approximately 12x15' and all my equipment
is in here (processor, stainer, oven, flotation bath, Ventana, embedding
unit, refrigerator). Can you say "hot"?  I complained (sweetly) to
Maintenance, who explained that VDS was at the end of the AC plenum and
that there was really nothing they could do.  The beginning of my 3rd
year, I complained (ever so sweetly again) that if the temperature did
not improve, I was going to work naked.  Apparently they figured this
would not be a good thing, and miraculously a new thermostat solved the
problem in my lab.  As I write, it is 72.5F and 22% humidity.

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700