[Histonet] Smudged inked on cassettes

WWmn916 <@t> aol.com WWmn916 <@t> aol.com
Mon May 19 21:31:27 CDT 2008

Hello histo-folks,
I tried to search the archives, but couldn't come up with it....
Here's the question:  We seem to be having some problems with smudged
cassettes after processing.  We use the Surgipath cassette printer and  ribbon.
Even recently, the grossing folks said the printer ribbon was  brand new and we
still ended up with some cassettes that completely  smudged.   We instruct the
people who load the traditional VIP  processors to not touch the numbered part
of the cassettes as they load them or  embedders during the embedding
process. Still we get some cassettes that smudge  almost unreadable.  Somewhere along
the way, I once heard that fatty breast  tissue will cause smudging during
processing.  Is this a possibility?   If so, how do we correct any of these
problems?

Thanks,
Deb King

favorites at AOL Food.