[Histonet] ZYMED Histostain Plus Kit on animal tissue

Gayle Callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Wed May 14 17:22:26 CDT 2008

Kim,

This kit detects (in its broad spectrum) - mouse, rabbit, rat and guinea
pig.  You are correct about this more universal, multilink secondary.  The
kit protocol is found on the Invitrogen website with information on what is
in the secondary spectrum.

Gayle M. Callis
HTL/HT/MT(ASCP)
Bozeman MT 59715

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kim Merriam" <kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com>
To: "Mary L Giebel/FS/VCU" <mlgiebel <@t> vcu.edu>;
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] ZYMED Histostain Plus Kit on animal tissue

I dont have experience with this particular kit from Zymed, but the term
"broad spectrum" makes me think that it would be similar to a universal
secondary (that might include anti-mouse and anti-rabbit secondaries) which
would likely cross-react to your rat tissue. It might be worth giving Zymed
a call to find out about this kit.
Kim Merriam, MA, HT(ASCP)
Cambridge, MA