[Histonet] RINSING IN TAP WATER AFTER DECAL

Akemi Allison-Tacha akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Tue May 6 18:49:38 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I am going to put an additional tidbit into the mix. I was instructed many many moons ago, (back in 1974) to 1st rinse off any residual RDO or decal solution with a brief rinse in tap water and then place the decal specimens into saturated sodium bicarbonate for 10 minutes to stop the decal process, otherwise the specimen will continue to decal. The tissue fizzes a bit, when this reaction ceases, then rinse in running tap water for an additional 10 minutes.

Akemi Allison-Tacha, BS, HT(ASCP)HTL
Client Services Manager
PhenoPath laboratories
551 North 34th Street, Suite 100