[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 54, Issue 3

Maxim_71 <@t> mail.ru Maxim_71 <@t> mail.ru
Sat May 3 13:44:24 CDT 2008

Julie:
Safety here is a major consideration.
Click here and read this info:
http://www.anatechltdusa.com/Innovators/5_InnXylHaz.html
Here is a good explanations why xylene is hazardous.
There are more safe reagents than xylene and its
substitutes: mineral oil. It possible use as in
manual processing as VIP-processors as microwave
assisted manual method as in microwave walk-away type
processors.
I believe, that through some 4-5 years will not
remain nor one laboratory, using xylene for
processing.
Our lab tried chloroform, benzene, toluene, xylene
and xylene substitutes for processing. All chemicals
are hazardous for personnel. Now we uses mineral oil
and processes our all specimens manually with best
results and in safety environment.
Sincerely,
Maxim Peshkov,
Russia,