[Histonet] Re:Tissue processors

hoaglin5037 <@t> comcast.net hoaglin5037 <@t> comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 15:07:21 CDT 2008

Cindy,

As a user of both the VIP 5 and VIPe, if you were to switch and just stay with the standard processor the VIP5 is the way to go. Very solid workhorse, we have five machines, with very little problems.

As far as the rapid processors go Sakura now offers 2 versions a larger one that processes somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 cassettes an hour. The other one, released in Febuary, is small and only uses a powdered reagent and a parafin. Our lab is looking into purchasing the smaller version, due to the lack of histotechs in our area.

Good Luck,

Eric