[Histonet] Text for beginners

Senn, Amy R arsenn <@t> hsh.org
Thu Mar 27 10:31:23 CDT 2008

Helayne,

When I was in school (about 4-5 years ago) we used Freida Carson's
Histotechnology; a Self Instructional Text.

I knew nothing about histology at that point, and this book was
extremely easy to follow and understand. :-) I believe that it taught me
the foundation of everything I know about histology.

We have lots of books in my lab now, but I still reference Carson's
book!

Good luck!

Amy

Parker, Helayne wrote:

>Hi Guys,

>  Just wondering what texts, training aids etc one would recommend to

>use for training a person w/ no experience in Histo (from scratch).
The

>only path experience this person has is being a Path Secretary.  I have

>trained many people before but usually they were lab techs or what have

>you.

>Thanks,

>Helayne Parker, HT (ASCP)

Amy,

Histotech, Histology Laboratory

Holy Spirit Hospital

Camp Hill

(717) 763-2124

Cell: (724) 494-2237

Confidentiality Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication may be confidential,
is intended for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you
received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete
the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank You